Did you know?? December is the #1 month for engagements--NOT February, contrary to what many may believe. So here's a little bit of trivia about these newly betrothed couples:
- 46% of newly engaged women purchase their first bridal magazine/set up their first Pinterest board within ONE WEEK of the engagement.
- 13% had bridal magazines LONG before they even had a boyfriend.
- 10% of GROOMS-to-be buy wedding magazines, too!
And just in case you didn't realize just how important Pinterest is now:
- Pinterest is now the #1 social media platform for the wedding industry, followed by Twitter, forums (The Knot, Style Me Pretty, etc.) and LASTLY (!) Facebook!
- From 2010-2011, Facebook saw a 6% decrease in traffic generated by brides planning a wedding...and another 34% decrease by February, 2012!
- Most "with-it" wedding planners won't even agree to meet with a prospective bride until she has set up her Pinterest boards....takes a lot of the guess-work out of determining her style.
- Similarly, many brides flock to Pinterest to do a little research on the vendors they're considering...so you'd better get those boards up and running!
Okay, I guess that's enough trivia for the day. So the moral of this story is to pin, pin, pin...and when choosing the right vendors for your big day, remember that Classical Tents has lots of boards to look through...and we're right on top of the latest trends!