Attention Berkshire brides and residents! YOU ARE INVITED, as our guest, FREE of charge…
to the Hudson Wedding Showcase THIS Sunday, April 28th from 9:30-3:30 at Basilica Hudson
110 South Front Street, Hudson New York
What is Included
-Mini Hair and Makeup Trials *
-Mini Engagement Photo Session*
-Answers to your wedding planning questions from a panel of experts
-Wedding Planning Tips from expert wedding planner, Lisa Light
-A Virtual Venue Tour of Columbia County
-Ideas, Information and Inspiration from 50 Vendors
-Tasty Treats from local caterers, bakeries and food trucks
-“Auditions” from local entertainers you can hire
-A chance to win a Bouquet of Gift Certificates, as well as other door prizes
* In order to guarantee you must call the Columbia Chamber by Friday. 518 828 4417
Spend the day! There is a lot to do and accomplish!
9:30: Doors Open and Public is Welcomed by Neil Roberts on Bagpipes
Hair and Makeup Trials Begin
Engagement Photos Sessions Begin
10:00: Virtual Venue Video Tour of Columbia County
“How to Choose the Perfect Venue” Presented by Lisa Light
DJ Music by Dave Leonard of JTD Productions
11:00: Wedding Planning 101 by Lisa Light
11:30: Sharon Levin on Flute
12:00: Wedding Planning Q&A with Panel of Experts
12:15: Music by Rozsa
1:00: Fashion Styling Demo by Janet Cooper of Angela’s Bridal/Randy Burns on Guitar
1:30: Hair Styling Demo by Ranee Pierre Beauty Styling
1:45: Makeup Styling Demo by Face Stockholm
The Russet Trio
2:00: Stationery Design Demo by Rebecca Ashby of The Pink Orange
2:15: Floral Design Demo by The Rosery
2:30: Mixology Demo by Mazzone Catering
The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus
3:00: Fashion Show by Angela’s Bridal
Music by JTD Productions
If you are coming from far and need a place to stay, the following establishments will give you a 10% discount if you mention you are attending the show:
www.frontstreetguesthouse.com within walking distance of the show
www.vanderbilt-house.com in Philmont, NY
www.redlioninn.com in Stockbridge, MA
How to Reserve Your FREE Place
If you want to guarantee getting the mini hair and makeup trials OR the engagement photo shoot you have to call the Columbia County Chamber of Commerce by 4pm on Friday 518.828.4417 or email Amy Kneller firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, all you have to do is show up and when you do, let them know at the welcome table that you are a guest of Classical Tents!
We hope to see you on Sunday!
This event is brought to you by The Columbia County Chamber of Commerce with help from:
Classical Tents and Party Goods
Columbia Tent Rentals
Destination Bride with Lisa Light
Lance Wheeler Video
Ranee Pierre Beauty Styling
Rob Alberti Event Services
The Pink Orange
The Rosery Flower Shop
Well Wed NY Magazine
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to get married on an historical stage? Well, at The Colonial Theatre in Pittsfield, you can do just that! Touted as “one of America’s finest turn-of-the-century theaters to survive intact,” The Colonial is available to rent for performance events as well as other events/functions. With its extensive facilities, the Colonial has played host to both rock bands and weddings, comics and business meetings. Their rental information may be found here.
Designed by the noted firm of theater architects, J. B. McElfatrick and son, the Colonial Theatre’s stage and audience chamber were a class above most playhouses of the day. McElfatrick designed hundreds of theaters throughout North America during the latter half of the 19th and first few years of the 20th centuries – upwards of 51 in New York City alone – but the Colonial is one of only a handful still standing.
For fifty years, the space was used as a paint and art supply store, and in 2001, the theater was purchased by The Colonial Theatre Association, who began the process of restoration by removing the temporary walls and ceilings and having the layers of paint analyzed to confirm that the original ornamentation matched its description in news reports from its 1903 opening. After years of design, planning, and community fundraising, the the rehabilitation of the historic Colonial Theatre and the extensive renovation of the adjacent Berkshire Auto Garage were undertaken.
In August 2006, the theater reopened to the public. The twenty-two-month construction process preserved and reinstalled all historically significant architectural and design features while creating a modern performance center equipped to handle the needs of artists and audiences alike. Audiences were awed by the vaulted gilded entrance, the elaborately decorated boxes and balcony, the meticulously crafted custom plasterwork, and the exquisitely painted ornamental detail. The upper Gallery level preserved the original rare high-backed “pew” seating from which the view of the original “sail vault” over the proscenium, complete with its restored central mural featuring the muses of art and music, could once again inspire all who saw it.
For more information on renting The Colonial Theatre, contact Noah Weiss at 413-448-8084 x 18 or email email@example.com.
Photo credit Terry Gruber of Gruber Photography.
Looking for a unique wedding space? Look no further than the Berkshires’ very own modern art museum, MASS MoCA!
MASS MoCA offers some of the most dramatic and creative spaces in Berkshire County to host your special event – both indoors and outdoors. This 19th-century renovated factory setting (on the National Register of Historic Places), now home to an ever-changing collection of exciting contemporary art, provides a unique atmosphere while allowing you to customize the space to fit your own vision. Selecting MASS MoCA as a site for your wedding reception, ceremony, seated dinner, or other special occasion is a unique way to support MASS MoCA while ensuring that your event has a distinctive cultural dimension.
Museum Lobby and Courtyards:
- The expansive lobby features historic mill columns, beautiful glass loggia, beautiful hardwood floors, and a dramatic entryway.
- The front courtyard offers views of the clocktower and a dramatically lit outdoor art installation, Tree Logic by artist Natalie Jeremijenko, not to mention beautiful textural elements: cobblestones, grassy steps, and 19th-century brick half walls.
- In the private central courtyard, there is a terrace that is shaded by an artistic tent designed by renowned Dutch sculptor Dré Wapenaar.
Capacity: from 30 to 500, depending on conservation requirements of specific exhibitions
- Galleries range from intimate spaces to soaring three-story cathedral-like spaces
- Stylish yet simple settings featuring contemporary art that inspires, challenges, and entertains
- Hardwood floors, brick walls, white walls, 19th-century patinas, historic windows – the galleries offer a variety of ambiances to choose from.
Sol LeWitt Building:
Capacity: 50 for a seated dinner, 140 for a ceremony, 200 for a cocktail reception
- Light-filled galleries afford beautiful views of the Berkshire mountains and MASS MoCA’s historic courtyards.
- The galleries feature three floors of wall drawings by one of the greatest artists of the 20th century.
- The Sol LeWitt Retrospective is a collaboration of Williams College, MASS MoCA, and Yale University.
Building 8 (3-season):
- This unique unrenovated space harkens back to 19th-century mill space
- The light-filled room (ideal for a long farm table or two) offers beautiful views of birch trees, the Hoosic River, and MASS MoCA courtyards, with views of the mountains.
Joe’s Field (seasonal): New! Outdoors!
- 3.5-acre field for a tented wedding (the field is large enough for any size tent)
- Located deep in the 19th-century complex, with views of surrounding mountains
- Meander past outdoor art, the Hoosic River, and small historic mill sheds to reach the field
- Home of MASS MoCA’s famed summer music festival with Wilco
For more information, contact Rebecca Wehry at 413.664.4481 x 8157 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 19, 2013
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about all of the major Berkshire County wedding venues is about to be at your fingertips! Classical Tents is not only beginning this exciting new blog series, but will also begin working to populate its website with tons of wedding venue information, from our recommendations for tent set-ups to perfect ceremony seating to maximum capacities, months they’re open and more!
This list is just a sampling of the places we’ll begin to cover:
- Stonover Farm, Lenox
- Wheatleigh, Lenox/Stockbridge
- Blantyre, Lenox
- Cranwell, Lenox
- The Mount, Lenox
- Seven Hills Inn, Lenox
- Gateways Inn, Lenox
- Garden Gables Inn, Lenox
- Apple Tree Inn, Lenox
- Elm Court, Lenox
- Kemble Inn, Lenox
- Ventfort Hall, Lenox
- Shakespeare & Company, Lenox
- Chesterwood, Stockbridge
- Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge
- Berkshire Botanical Garden, Stockbridge
- MASS MoCA, North Adams
- The Colonial Theatre, Pittsfield
- Red Lion Inn, Stockbridge
- Gedney Farm/Mepal Manor, New Marlboro
Be sure to check back in often to see which venue we’re highlighting that day! And as always, you can visit our website at www.classicaltents.com
Older Posts »